Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Slower, bigger and getting more excited!

We're on week 31, only 9 more to go! Hokey Pete! I'm glad God gives us the 9 months to prepare for this new arrival as it's a slow enough pace to get used to the idea, get your house ready and to learn as much as you can before it gets here. I'm getting bigger, slowing down more and more and getting more anxious to meet this squirmer! The baby loves it's daddy's voice already. When it's moving while I'm laying in bed and we're talking, Gary puts his hand on my belly and usually for it to keep moving, we have to keep talking. I think it likes his smooth low voice. That makes him that much more attached to the baby. So cute.

The baby's room is coming along nicely. My deadline for myself is the weekend of September 22. That's when I'll have the Chicago baby shower, so I want it all ready for whatever comes back with us. I've got the pond in with a lot of grass and the big willow tree. It's turning out nicer than I thought and the pace I'm going, it's a lot of fun. I have the rest of the larger animals to do, a few small insects buzzing around, flower/rock garden, flowers, cattails and to pick out a verse that I'll paint on the wall behind the door. Seems like a lot, but it goes quickly when you have a few hours to devote to it at a time.

Gary's had some interviews the past couple weeks! After our couple night pounding of applying and looking for jobs, he's interviewed with a company for contract work out of Muskegon that could turn into a full time job, an interview tomorrow with iServ (internet service provider located in GR) and one with Gentex in Zeeland on Friday. We've been praying diligently that God will provide Gary with the right position for him, so we'll see what He has in store for him. My work is going well, keeping busy trying to get everything updated and running smoothly before I leave for a couple months. We've been getting a lot of leads on web work as well, so we'll how all those pan out.

Otherwise we're doing well. We have most of the things registered for at Babies R Us with a few more things to register for somewhere. Our birthing class is set up for September 8 and around that time we'll pre register at Zeeland Hospital for when the big day comes! We're looking forward to having Alex and Nicole back in town, at Calvin, so we can see them more often. Last week's doctor's appointment went well. My numbers from my glucose test were way under their limit, so that was good to see. The baby's heartbeat is a strong 150 and I measure about 2cm bigger than I guess I should. The doctor said it could be b/c of where the baby was at the time, me or it could just be a little bigger of a baby. We shall see. Next appointment is Tuesday for another check up. The baby is about 16" now and about 3-4 pounds and I guess we're heading into a growth spurt. Oh dear! I think I'm already feeling the pains of that. :)

Alright, I think that's enough for tonight. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. :)







Love to you all!


Gary & Christie

No comments: