Monday, October 13, 2008

Bang, Boom, Bite!

The little toddler has been toddling herself into and onto everything these days. In one night, she managed to whack her head 3 times! I'd rather not go into detail on how she did such things so that we won't look like horrible, unsupervising parents, but lets just say it involved a plastic storage bin, a futon and a rocking chair. Man, did I feel horrible! But she managed. Then Saturday brought a trip to the pumpkin patch. Well this year, we actually just picked one out from the picked ones as she doesn't care too much yet about all this stuff. But in the time we were there, she carried around 2 heavy gourds and proceeded to walk too fast down a concrete path and do a summersault resulting in her first scrap on her little head. Her new (and yet another) nickname is Crash needless to say.

She still only has 4 teeth that I'm able to see fully. She's not too cooperative to let me feel around in there, but I'm sure more are on their way as she's drooling all the time. Anyway, I had her in my arms and she was bouncing her face on my shoulder. She then figures out that it's a little soft and she bites me! I was in shock. I should have known it would happen as she bites everything! I firmly told her not to do that, but we'll see how long it is between the next incident.

I thought after the summer was over, things would slow down a bit, but it's simply not true. Every once of the weekend is planned to get as much done around the house or with Anna as humanly possible. We're in the midst of planning Anna's birthday party this weekend, cleaning out the basement of things we don't need, donations, cardboard, etc, and also pushing all of our belongings together so that our basement can get framed up this weekend as well. We're losing our guest bedroom to the new baby, so we're getting the room in the basement set up for that now. With all that, finishing up odds and ends around the house, regular house work, making sure Anna doesn't hurt herself and preparing for another busy weekend. I wish I could see the light at the end, but I don't think so. This may be life for awhile, but in reality, I love it. I love experiencing new things with Anna, I love doing things to our house to make it ours, I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. I may get exhausted and can't believe how much there is to do being a homeowner and parents, but it's awesome to have all these things surround me.

Saturday night, Gary, Alex, Sheila, Anna and I walked the Light the Night walk. It was really cool to be a part of such an amazing event and be amongst people who share such similar but different stories. We walked around downtown and let me tell you I was done by the end of the walk. Carrying around a little extra weight did me in. :) Either way, we raised about $400 and hope to do a lot more next year!

Baby #2 and I are doing well, just slowing down and getting bigger. This ones a mover when it's awake, all over, not just in a couple spots like Anna was. I've had to purchase another pair of maternity pants as fall is upon us and I didn't have too many warm clothes with Anna. I'm still feeling good otherwise, just feeling like a big pregnant woman. Gary's been talking to the baby like he did with Anna and is showing her how to do it. She just laughs. She's in for a surprise when this baby comes, but I think she'll be good with it. She's been listening a lot more when we say no, so we'll see. :) I feel bad for this baby as I don't have dozens of posts about the pregnancy to fill up their first year book, but in the same right, it's a good thing that there's a lot less drama with this one. I'm sure he/she will understand and let Anna know. :) According to Baby Center, the baby is almost 2 pounds and about 14 inches long (as long as an english hothouse cucumber).

Otherwise, we're doing well, just busy. Sidework is continuous and on going with new projects every couple weeks it seems. I'm working on redoing the Children's Ministries logos at church. I'm excited to be apart of the growing process this ministry is having and to get more involved with the kids aspect of church. I still owe you pictures of our redone bathrooms and soon the baby's room. I'll get there. :) Work is going well for both of us, keeping busy there. We're excited to have family and friends over this weekend to celebrate Anna's birthday. It's been a great year with her and are looking forward to so many more!

I'll post again soon, I almost promise. :) In the meantime, here are some links of pictures to enjoy!

Anna's 11th Month
Baby Tidd #2
Out & About

Love,
Gary, Christie and Crash

No comments: