Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Only 12 weeks left!



Time has certainly flown by since we found out we were pregnant back in February. We're down to the final trimester and have reached the every 2 week doctor's appointment. I had my glucose test today (checking to see if I have gestational diabetes) and will get results in a few days I'm sure. If my levels are higher than their cut off, I have to go back for a 3 hour test to check to see for sure. If from there I am still high, then I have gestational diabetes. I'll have to monitor my blood sugar and change up my diet for the time being. Not horrible as I already am a human pin cushion, but what are you going to do? I asked how much I've gained so far.... don't hate me current and past pregnant woman.... and I've only gained 5 pounds. Hehe. I'll take it! My blood pressure is good, the baby's heartbeat is strong and was found right away and we're all set up for an all day birthing class in September. So we're moving along quite well.


I still don't look really pregnant, but you can tell a lot more now. I got a slight case of the pregnant waddle and do take frequent trips to the bathroom. The baby's room has yet to progress in terms of the mural, but that's changing tonight! The baby is definitely getting bigger and moving around a lot! There are pokes, jabs and worm like squirms quite often now. They say it's about 2 pounds and about 14 inches long. From here on out it'll gain more rapidly than it has.

Gary's job is going well and he's been applying for quite a few positions with an interview lined up for Thursday. Hopefully he'll land that job and we'll sigh a bit of relief. My work is going fine. We're both starting to pick up side work which is welcomed.

We're off to Wisconsin this weekend for Ryan and Angela's wedding. Should be a lot of fun. We also just visited the newest addition to Marc and Nisi's family, Mason Jay. He was born July 22, 3 weeks early but a healthy 7 pounder. That made us that much more excited (and nervous) to have a little guy/girl around like that.
Have a great rest of the week and stay posted as we approach the finish line!
Love,

Gary & Christie




No comments: