Friday, June 22, 2007

It's been awhile, sorry!

Sorry it's taking me so long to update this thing. We've been busy getting the house and yard ready for our big shindig this weekend so we've spent minimal time on the computer in recent weeks.

I just had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday. She said that everything looked good from my Ultrasound (she doesn't know what it is either, so you can't call her and find out, hehe), everything is growing properly, heart rate was good then and it was good at the appointment. I think it was in the 160's. At the next appointment is when they will check my blood sugar levels to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. If I did, then I would have to change my diet which isn't horrible, but not something that would be fun. So let's pray all goes well there.

The last few weeks the baby has really become active. At first it was just little butterfly pokes here and there. Last week Gary was able to feel it move for the first time and this week he was able to feel it actually kick and move his hand up and down. It's been kicking a lot and rolling around quite a bit. It's really cool and amazes me everyday what I'm actually doing. It seems to have a bit of a schedule. Usually on my way to work, around 10, around 1-2, on my way home and 9-10 is when it's most active. I guess it's when I'm finished eating or when I'm about ready to eat. I like schedules. I hope that it'll have one when it's born too. :) Fat chance, but I can wish can't I?

After the party, we're going to start focusing on the baby's room and registering for the showers. I have a book what what I'm going to do in the room, keeping it gender neutral with nature colors and a pond theme (light yellows, greens, blues, purples, pinks, browns). That'll be a process throughout the summer as I'm doing the whole room. On top of that, we're doing the 2nd bathroom upstairs in frogs, but more bolder, fun colors. I'm excited to get started on that, not only b/c it's for the baby, but because we can finally put our touch on the house. Don't get me wrong, the colors in the house are great and not just beige, but putting your own spin on things always makes it that much more, yours.

I haven't posted many pictures and for that I'm sorry. I will, tonight, take pictures of our clean house with stuff in it, my gardening bench in the garage, tomorrow's festivities and post those soon. I would post my prego pictures, but I'm about 90% there. I'm showing in terms of what I see each day, but to others I may not. But I will document that as well so you can see our beautiful faces. :) What it all comes down to is that I'll post a lot more pictures this summer, promise!

Gary and I are doing well in our jobs. Family is doing good and we're excited to hang out with a lot of them this weekend!

Stay posted for pics and have a great weekend!

Love to you all!
Gary & Christie

No comments: