Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm so behind....

I'm not on top of my game this year. I do have a valid excuse, but this is the closest I've cut it to Christmas shopping and Christmas cards. I have about half of my presents purchased, some to be assembled yet. Since I can't do a normal Christmas card or Christmas letter, I had to finish it up and print it out last night only to cut and fold today on my lunch. Oh well, the shopping will get done before Christmas anyway and the cards should go out tomorrow to arrive Saturday or Monday. :)

I started work last Monday. The day was a little easier than I thought it would be. A few tears were shed on the way to work after Gary and I dropped Anna off at daycare. Gary brings Anna in the morning. She's usually sleeping when they arrive. I pick her up at the end of the day. The woman who is the primary care giver in the infant room, Ms. Mamie, is a sweetheart of a woman. You can tell she truely cares and loves her job. Everyone loves Anna there. She always gets great reports of how well she does, very social as she now watches the bigger ones in her room roam around. She's always happy, takes good naps and just seems to do well there. That makes me feel good, even though I wish I could be home with her, I know that this will be a good experience for her and she's so good when she's there. Work is going fine for me, a little slow right now, but that's alright. Gary's job is going well, still learning, but the sense of being overwhelmed is lessoning. He heads to Virginia in the middle of January for a seminar on the program he's working with. It'll be weird not having him home with having Anna now, but I think Alex is staying with me some or all of the week.

Anna is still a peanut, but I know she's gotten bigger. Her face is filling in, the wrinkles on her arms and legs are less wrinkley and you can really see her hair now! She's like a little Q-tip after her bath. Love that! She's smiling a lot now, letting out little squeaks and "a's" every once in awhile. She want's to talk so bad but hasn't quite figured out how she does it every time. She's looking more like an infant instead of a newborn now. She'll go to the doctor with daddy next week for her 2 month shots and to see how much she's grown.

Well I better get back to work as I need my lunch to finish those Christmas cards! I'll post again later this week or over the weekend with some pictures.

Have a great Wednesday!

Gary, Christie and Anna

No comments: