Sunday, March 18, 2007

Warm Fuzzies

I realized that more people read this than I thought and I'd better keep up on it!

It's been a good week this week. My nausea has seemed to subsided this whole week and I'm just hoping it continues. I have a heightened sense of smell so things still don't smell good to eat yet, but I'm trying to eat the best I can. It's eased my mind, as I found out this weekend, that some moms didn't even have a twinge of morning sickness with any of their pregnancies. I have the worry wort gene, so I wondered "is everything OK because I'm not sick?" Apparently I am and I now breathe a sigh of relief once again.

I had my first appointment with the doctor this past Tuesday and Gary was able to come with me. I actually just met with the nurse that will be with me throughout all my visits. They call it an educational visit. They took my blood and urine to run quite a few tests for a lot of things. That was kind of interesting. I had a small episode with getting my blood drawn though. I haven't had my blood drawn since I had blood clots in 04-05, so I figured it was about 90% of the time they got it right away, no problem. I gave her the arm they always used at the hospital figuring it was sure-fire deal. The needle went in ok, didn't feel anything and then trouble began. She couldn't find my vein. Ugh. After digging a little deeper and little deeper yet, she got it and was able to fill up 3 of the 4 viles she needed and opted not to fill the last one. Thank goodness. Moral of the story is: give her my other arm next time and hopefully it'll be better. :) She ran through a whole bunch questions about my health history, family history and all the necessary things they need to know. She gave us brochures and magazines to read. We've been enjoying the magazines quite a bit. It's neat to see visually how each month it progresses and to know that that's going on inside of me! Very cool.

This Wednesday will be the first visit with the doctor. I haven't had this woman yet as she's new to office as of October. I had another doctor for the past couple years and he'll be on call along with one other one, if she's not available at the time of delivery. We've loved every doctor we've had here, so I'm more than ok of having her as my doctor. This will start the series of visits throughout. I'll be having one visit every 4 weeks till I'm 24 weeks, one visit every 2 weeks till I'm 36 weeks, and then every week after that till we get to the big day most likely. The big day is October 16. :) It's really cool to actually have a date to tell. It's a week after my brother's birthday, which is neat. I think this visit we get to hear the heartbeat. How amazing is that?!

My dad has gone from asking how his grandson is doing to "how's little Ronnie?" Hehe. I guess whatever the sex is, it's going to be little Ronnie according to it's grandpa. The baby has also caught on to the nicknames of the Tiddbit and the Tiddlet. When all is said and done, we both know this baby is going to be loved more than it'll ever know and doesn't have a clue what's coming when it comes into these families. Hehe.

Continue to pray for us as we go to the doctor and all goes well there, that I can eat good things for both of us, that Gary's stress of finishing school and finding a job/internship will lessen, and praise that God continues to provide for us each and every day.

Thank you to everyone who has shown us such amazing support, love and hugs! We love it. Stay posted and I'll update as to how the visit goes on Wednesday. (I'll post pictures of my new duds - thank you Martha! and new baby duds - thank you Auntie Trish, sometime this week.)

Love to you all!
Gary & Christie

No comments: