Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week Three: 2 under 2

Whew. We made it. Like I said in the last blog, we ended the previous week with Anna throwing up. We left for Chicago on Saturday morning with no flu in sight and had a great weekend. Sunday night, we headed to our neighbors house for a Super Bowl party and kept Anna up pretty late - about 10-10:30. She had a great time and managed a way to "hide" from their large dog, Lucy. She would crouch down on the ground in hopes that she became invisable. It was quite funny.

Monday came and Anna slept until 11:30 till I pretty much woke her up. I got her dressed and brought her downstairs. I put her on the couch b/c she still seemed sleepy, she got mad, got down and fell asleep at my feet for another hour and a half. Once I woke her up, I put her in her highchair to eat lunch. She didn't seem interested in anything I gave her, so I got her out and put her back on the couch. I video taped her b/c she was falling asleep sitting up but she knew the camera was there, so she was trying to smile for the camera at the same time of falling asleep. So funny. Well, I got up to put something away, heard her cough twice and came back to check on her and found that she threw up again. Poor girl. Back to the tub, everything in the wash and the couch cleaned up. After that day, she's been fine. I found out there was a virus going around where you threw up one day, a few days would go by and you'd throw up again and it would be done.

This brings me to Wednesday. Well, Tuesday was filled with a toddler that was feeling just fine and acting quite crabby. I was about done that day. Now on to Wednesday. Gary came home early from work b/c he felt queasy. He slept most of the day and was feeling better towards the end of the night. I wanted to join in the fun and started feeling sick that night. After I fed Izzy that night, I had a date with the toilet. Yuck!

Thursday I wasn't sure how I felt, but as the morning went on, I felt fine again. So I headed out to tear it up at Babies R Us for a few things for Izzy. She loves to be held and we can't hold her all the time, so the next best thing.... a sling! She loves it! She's in the fetal position, being cuddled, close to mom or dad and just hangs out or sleeps in it. Perfect! We also thought she liked white noise, so I bought a noise machine. Not sure if that's helping at all since we found the key to getting Izzy to sleep 5-7 hours at night. Keeping her awake more often! We did that with a purpose the other night and she slept for 8 hours! Last night was 6 hours, but I'll take it! I picked up a few other things too. It was just nice to browse the store and I didn't buy any clothes! Sheila was able to come and take care of Anna while I ran errands. They both had a great time! Unfortunetly, Sheila got the flu we all had only worse. Sorry Sheila!

Last weekend was nice. The weather was beautiful and we were able to give Izzy her first walk outside! Anna also loved getting out of the house. We had our friends, Marc and Nisi over with their 2 kids for dinner. Nisi cooked us all a wonderful meal and the kids had a great time playing! Thanks again, guys!

I believe when Anna was about Izzy's age, I posted about her not pooping. Well, here's one for Izzy. She pooped like a champ when we were first home, now we're going 5-7 days without one! Looks like we need to call the doctor to see if we should give her anything for it. I tried gas drops b/c she farted like a champ, but never pooped. So we might be doing prune juice again!

We're all back to good health again. We're figuring out what to do with Izzy for sleeping and Anna is dealing with having Izzy around a lot better. I'm also figuring out how to prepare for Anna while I can't pay too much attention to her. I'm also learning how to not get so upset with her if she's doing something that may not be the best thing for her to do, but it's not hurting her. Like the other day, I was feeding Izzy, Gary left for awhile and one of the pantry doors was left open. So Anna started to bring me spice bottles, one at a time. At first, I was like, I don't need anymore honey, just leave them alone. Right. They kept coming. Good thing only one was opened a little to allow for some garlic salt to escape. The rest were fine and she had a blast stacking them on each other for 15 minutes! Patience. That's what I've been praying for. It's helped a lot and we had a great day together today.

So at week 3, we're not doing half bad. I do have a bigger respect for stay at home moms of toddlers. They know how to try your patience, but in the same right. It's a challenge to figure out how to deal with them where you both can be happy. :)

Hope everyone enjoyed the balmy weather this weekend, tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer! Oh yeah, pictures! Here's an updated photo album of the girls:

Anna Banana
Baby Bella

Love,
Gary, Christie, Booger and Izzy

No comments: