Wednesday, April 4, 2007

One of many bumps in the road

I got a call on Monday from my nurse, Joy, saying that my pap smear came back abnormal. She said not to worry, so I tried not to. :) She scheduled me a little more time for next week's appointment to do a colposcopy (more in depth pap smear). I told Gary what she said and he called her back just to hear why it would come back abnormal. She said it could be a host of things that it could be, but that we shouldn't worry and these cells should be wiped out during labor. So after Gary called and talked to her, knowing I was a bit worried, moved up my colpsoscopy to yesterday.

We switched doctors to the female doctor in the office and we love her! She's so nice, personable, and just a caring person. She talked to us about why it would be abnormal. Before we headed over to the precedure room, she tried to see if we could hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. To no avail, she couldn't find it. So we headed over to the other room where she did the colposcopy. And as an added feature, I got to see my cervix up close and personal. Hehe. I know you wanted to know that, but you've joined the ride of Christie's pregnancy. :) She showed us what she was looking for and said everything looks good and she didn't need to do a biopsy. Yay! So instead of waiting till next week, she wanted to see if she could get a heartbeat yet. She tried to find the baby with a regular Ultrasound, but again couldn't find it. So she said the heck with it and did a vaginal Ultrasound (I know, I know... but it is what it is!). And there he/she was! It was absolutely amazing! It was this little body and big alien head with little fists and only one! She also could see the heartbeat. It was so cool, it was almost like sealing the deal. What a cool thing for us to share after the bumpy start we've had so far. I'll go back next week for a regular exam and see if she could get the heartbeat again. Fun!

Another bump in the road came that night. We tracked the package with my Lovenox shots and found the order was cancelled. So to keep the story short, we were on the phone with a few different people to get an account established with the speciality pharmacy to wonder if my insurance would cover this really expensive prescription. Then after Gary couldn't sleep last night and I woke up with worry, throughout the day we were in touch and the pharmacy was in touch with us, we were able to find out they did cover these shots. They will cover 90% of it actually, which is still $80 a month at $2.67 a shot and we'll take it! The alternative is $800 a month at $26.67 a shot. Thank you amazing insurance! The little bit of headache in the last couple days made us feel a lot more at ease to know that we can afford them. God certainly brings us through these bumps in the road. So, about those shots everyday.... not looking forward to that, but I'll live. :)

Otherwise, we're doing well. The baby is about the size of a lime now. I'm still feeling good, just a few food adversions. Gary's working on finishing up classes in the next few weeks and ready to finish up this chapter. And that's about it for today.

I hope all is well with everyone, leave a message or email and I'll write more soon!

Love,
Gary & Christie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure that after reading 9 months of your blog, I'm going to adopt. A pap smear is just about all I can bear. Say hi to the little lime and Gary for me! Ryan is most likely getting a job offer today!!! More details after everything is nailed down...
~Angela

Anonymous said...

baby lime!

hehe. love to hear all this baby stuff :-) glad everything is going well!

love always.

Unknown said...

Awww! Little tiddle's the baby first peep show =)

hehe! No worries, all that modesty you have now will soon be a thing of the past! Enjoy!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.